Thursday 18 July 2013

Glad Tidings? Van Knocks New 'Moondance'

Yeah, even longtime rabid Van Morrison (e.g. yours truly) grew sick of the song "Moondance" decades ago, but it's off a great album of that name from 1969.  Was fun to see/hear "Into the Mystic" show up in a key segment in this week's episode of HBO's The Newsroom.  Anyway:  Surprising word emerges today that Van is coming with a FIVE disc set featuring 50 new cuts or versions of songs from the album, including seven renditions of a song famously cut, "I Shall Sing."   Now if we can just get an expanded Veedon Fleece.

UPDATE:   At main site, Van posts this:

"Yesterday Warner Brothers stated that 'Van Morrison was reissuing Moondance.' It is important that people realise that this is factually incorrect. I did not endorse this, it is unauthorised and it has happened behind my back My management company at that time gave this music away 42 years ago and now I feel as though it"s being stolen from me again."

No comments:

Post a Comment