Monday 23 September 2013

Will McAvoy Pens a Note

Twitter is still aflame over favorite homicidal-drug-dealing son Bryan Cranston losing to Jeff Daniels (!) for best actor in the Emmy sweepstakes.  Get over it, folks.  I have my own love/hate relationship with The Newsroom but Jeff is great.  Moving on:  The top Louisville newspaper ran a letter to the editor from a W. McAvoy which was word for word from a recent Newsroom.  They soon pulled it but check out the readers' comments for some fun reactions, such as:   "I found myself laughing hysterically this morning as I was glancing over the forum and 'GOP Requirements' caught my eye. I read the article, and found myself feeling as if I had heard it before. Then, when I saw 'W. McAvoy, 40222' I knew I had heard it the previous Sunday. I must say, shame on the C-J editorial staff for not catching it. But then again, not everybody watches HBO. On the other hand, I completely agree with [the fictional] Mr. McAvoy's statement."

No comments:

Post a Comment